Written Language Intervention Program (grades 2-12)
This program is suitable for students with handwriting, spelling, grammar, and/or written expression deficits.
Upon initial evaluation, a Student Intervention Plan (SIP) is customized based on his or her identified needs and goals. This intervention will start at the child’s readiness level and gradually increase in difficulty until the student reaches the expected level of reading proficiency.
Instruction in this program includes most or all of the following components based on the child’s identified needs:
- auditory processing skills
- visual processing skills
- listening comprehension
- oral expression development
- visual-motor integration activities
- grammar introduction and practice
- written expression at a sentence, paragraph, and composition level
- word finding skills
- social-emotional development activities
- cognitive training for memory, attention, reasoning skills, and processing speed
- basics of executive function coaching
- Brain Integration Therapy for brain-and-body connection